TOP: Do's & Don'ts
NEWS - DIVORCE
DCSS Incentive Prog Exposed
Family Court Gone Bad - The Fix
Divorce Scenarios - FAQ
ATTORNEY | JUDGES
ATTY & JUDGE NEWS
2014 (Elia Ortiz)
2014 (Monique Longhorne)
2012 - 2013 (Rodney Stone)
2010 - 2011 (Diane Price)
2009 (Mark Bossenecker)
2008 (Francisca Tisher)
Judge VS Commissioner?
Read First: Sample Letters
State Bar Sample Letters 2
Attorney State Bar
Judge Performance CA
How to File Complaint
Judge Complaint PDF
FORMS | COURT
FORMS - DIVORCE
NOM vs OSC?
SUPPORT | CUSTODY
Napa LCSS (Local DCSS)
COMPLAINT FILING DCSS
Dept.of Child Supp Serv (DCSS)
Child Support Calculator
Termination Child Support
Parental Alienation part 2
TV / Videos
NAPA COURT LINKS
Family Law - Overview
Family Law Facilitator
Rules of Court
MISC | TERMS
ABOUT THIS SITE
NAPA FAMILY COURT
*Court Calendering & Timeline
used by Napa Court to File Your Court Case
* Napa Calendar and Timeline was based on 2012 information and thus this information may have changed.
- Notice Of Motion (NOM): When you File your Case / Notice of Motion. Sixteen (16) Business Days must be allocated Not Including Holidays before your case will be SET FOR CALENDERING!
- FYI: Your Case is typically NOT Heard on the Initial Court Date Provided on Your Court Filing / Document.
Court Calendring for Family Law:
- Court Calendring is Required to Determine what day your case you will be heard.
- Calendering Occurs Every "Non-Holiday" Monday OR the next day ..ie Tuesday.
- FYI: This is a great way for Attorney's to bill extra as well!
- Atty typically have to go to court twice > Court Calendering + Hearing!
- Don't forget >> Judges were Atty's >> Great $$$ making system for ALL those !
- If your attorney(s) are from out of town, have them call in to the court for Court Calendring.
Most Important for Filing!
Best way to CALCULATE Calender Date:
- Sixteen (16) Business Days must fall on the MONDAY (If Monday is a holiday, then it must fall on the Tuesday) or the Next Available court date will be the next following Monday!!
Ex: File Jan 27, 2009.. your case will be set for CALENDERING on Monday Feb 23, 2009
- Again, your case is Not Typically Heard on this day unless it is simple:
- Court will typically set another date sometime in the future.
- THUS, you may not have your case heard for over a month or more from the time you file your motion as it then depends on the Court and Attorney(s) Schedule
Go Approx 16 Business days out... Find a Monday (or Tuesday if Monday is a Holiday).
Then counting from that Monday Backwards including ONLY Business Days and Non-Holidays --> See when you need to file in court for your case to be "Calendered / Heard " that day.
Sampling of how the Napa Family Court Calendering is Done!
Bottom Example :
- To Land on Monday Feb 23, 09 - File as early as Jan 23, 09 but No Later than Jan 28, 09.
- Alternative: Tuesday Feb 17, 09 ( Monday is a holiday): File as early as Jan 16 - but No later than Jan 22, 09.
- Don't count the Day of Filing the Motion, BUT Include the Day the Calender date falls on.
Master Family Law Department
- Master Family Law Calendar (at least one party represented by an attorney): Monday at 8:30am
- Guardianships: Tuesday and Thursday at 1:30pm (except for 1 st Tuesday and 3 rd Thursday of each month) **
- Family Law Case Management Conference (represented and self-represented) First Tuesday of each month at 1:30pm
After initial CMC is heard and continued to a later date, schedule as follows:
- CMC (self-represented): 1st Tuesday of each month at 1:30pm
- CMC (represented): 1st Monday of each month at 10:00am
Department of Child Support Services Calendar: Tuesdays at 8:30am
**Note: Family Law - Self-Represented
calendar will be heard by Commissioner Williams in Courtroom C on the third Friday of each month
THIS WEBSITE and all of the materials and information on the Site is general in nature and are provided for informational purposes only.
Nothing on the Site should be construed as legal advice or used as a substitute for legal advice. The opinions stated in this site are based on personal experience.